Welcome to ME/CFS Support (BOP) Inc. serving those in the Western and Eastern Bay of Plenty who have the illness Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
To improve the quality of life of people with ME/CFS, their care givers and family/whanau.
- To provide medical health and general support facilities for residents of the Bay of Plenty with the illness Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, their caregivers and family/whanau.
- To advance the wellbeing and support of such people.
- To provide education in the cause of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
We offer advice, assistance and general support to members, their caregivers and family/whanau:
- To understand ME/CFS
- To accept the illness
- To learn how best to manage it.
Our services include:
- Field officers in Tauranga and Whakatane
- Regular facilitated suppport group meetings
- Library in Tauranga office
- Facebook Group (for Members only) https://www.facebook.com/groups/203904249678311/
- Counselling service at Hocking St office (Student Counsellor Don Cleugh from Bethlehem Tertiary Institute) contact Tina to arrange appointment.
Advance notice: Saturday 2nd August 2014, 10.30 am - 12.30pm, Otumoetai Baptist Church hall, 241 Otumoetai Rd.
Speaker will be Dr Ros Vallings, ANZMES medical adviser, MNZM,MB BS. and Author of book: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome M.E. Symptoms, Diagnosis & Management
Regular Support Group Activities are:
- Support meeting on the second Wednesday of the month
- Next Meeting -Wednesday 11th June 10.30 am at 14B Hocking St.
- Coffee morning on the 1st Monday of the month. Next meeting Monday 9th June.